23 April 2006

The calm before the storm.

Some of them have started drifting back after their Easter vacation, I expect the rest will return tomorrow.
If the spirit in my bar tonight was anything to go by, then it would appear that we're in for a bumpy ride. It started off quietly, but as the alcohol started to flow, and coins were deposited into the jukebox it became evident that emptying out at the end of the night was going to be fun. I suggested turning the jukebox off and severing the plug, but unfortunately nobody else agreed.
Spoilsports.
It's nice that nothing has changed over 4 weeks absence. They still don't say please and thank-you, and they still put their cigarettes out in glasses (despite an abundance of ashtrays), yet I've missed them when the bar has been quiet....
I must need my head examining.
Still, I get my satisfaction from telling them the bar's closed when they totter towards me at 11.01PM. Great fun!

Following work, I intend to move my television into my bedroom so I can watch tonight's episode of Dr Who in comfort, and read some journals while I do it!
Oh the thrilling life of a student

No comments: