12 March 2007

The sun shines on the righteous

Obviously I've been good lately, as the sun keeps on shining.
I had a great day at work yesterday, running around with a bunch of kids in the mud and not getting rained on (for a change!). The company has obviously decided to keep me, as they've provided me with uniform which is a gorgeous (!) shade of bright turquoise.... mainly so I can be seen when running around outside.
It makes me laugh that I work in such a male dominated work force, I've gone from being plain kinda giddy Merys, to Merys the only woman in the place, therefore we shall worship her.
The boys get a thank you at the end of the day, while I get offered a phone number or a 'tussle' in the bushes. Which of course I politely decline.

Mind you, I suppose it's one way of paying off my increasing student debt....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Merys, I've been following your blog for a little while now (I harbour a secret desire to jack it all in and be a student again)... but I don't know what your job is and my mind is boggling! Can you enlighten me?

Merys said...

sorry alison, no can do on that one. Your mind will just have to boggle!

Phoenix said...

Here's what I think:

In the spring and summer months, Merys is a professional mud wrestler. In the winter months she's a professional indoor jelly wrestler. In her spare time she's a medical student. When she grows up she wants to be a surgeon.

Anonymous said...

Boooo, spoil-sport ;) What job requires a turquoise uniform, kids and a mainly male workforce...? I'm stuck!

Jelly wrestling? And I thought my mind was troubled ;)

The Angry Medic said...

Why, an air stewardess, of course.

"Mind you, I suppose it's one way of paying off my increasing student debt...."

You...WERE referring to the job, right?