09 December 2006

Merys Christmas

What does every self-respecting pissed off girl do? She goes shopping. Alone. At Christmas.

Big Mistake!

I'm starting to feel a little bah-bloody-humbug at the moment, and will not be sending very many cards out this year as they are an attempt by the card companies to kill rainforests and rob me of my money.

As it happens I had to buy some individual cards anyway. (Why do people have birthday's at this time of year? Have they no decency???) £10+ in a card shop....why? And why in the name of Christmas did I buy a card from the dog to my parents?? They're going to think I've cracked up. Hell, I even think I've cracked up!

9 comments:

caramaena said...

A card from the dog? lol!

Dash said...

At least the dog thinks you are sane, and thanks you as he (she?) lacks opposable thumbs and currency. People should pay puppies so they can buy their own cards, its just not fair otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Get the dog to make his own, I do!

Merys said...

Wish I could get the dog to sit still for more than 3 seconds. As soon as you get on the floor to him he's all over you.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to borrow mine? I have to check he's still breathing every so often.

Phoenix said...

That's completely normal behaviour! I think.

I always send a card to my parents from the dogs. On my last birthday, my parents and brother both sent me a card from the dogs, which was confusing. I never did figure out how the dogs had sent cards to me from opposite ends of the country on the same day.

And last mothers day I sent my mum a little card, then she received a huge box of Thorntons which were from me, but I'd labelled it from the dogs. And I'd drawn a big paw print under the big dog's signature and a little paw print under the little dog's signature.

I'm a soft-head underneath, but don't tell anyone, okay?

Calavera said...

Cards are so expensive nowadays =(

But one from the dog... Actually, that's an idea... I might send one from my cat, too!

:D

Ecparamedic said...

Why stop with the dog and cat? I've got a fishtank here :-)

Anonymous said...

but I live on the Isle of Dogs......