11 November 2005

Thank You

As I'm sitting here today, writing this message, I feel the need to say Thank You.
Thank You to everyone who has served in the armed forces, especially those who have been a part of any conflict, and especially to those who fought in either of the two World Wars.

Both of my grandfathers fought in World War 2, one in the navy, and one in the army. Both are now deceased, yet becoming more forgotten everyday for their effort in the war.

Today has an extra significance, considering that Grandad Jones died exactly one year ago today, on armistice day 2004. He even left his home country to fight in WW2, to help defend a country which he adopted as his home.

And, with tears rolling down my cheeks, i can't help but curse myself for forgetting that today was not only armistice day, but the end of an era.

An extra special reason to say Thank You Grandads...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahmen