06 March 2005

Chinese Medicine

I have decided to try and adopt a different approach to my joint pain - Traditional Chinese Medicine. I did originally look into having osteopathy done, but I was quite put off by the cost - £29 for a consultation and £27 per hour after that. I know some people will say that this is not unreasonable, but I am a skint student remember. Anyway, having been put off by the cost, I legged it off to my local chinese medicine clinic, and after a free consultation, it was suggested that acupuncture and herbal supplements would help reduce the pain (caused by excess toxins) in my joints. So, I decided acupuncture and herbal tablets were the way forward, and they managed to fit me in. Unfortunately, I know look like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3879447.stm
Hopefully they will go down soon, and it looks as though I'll be wearing a neck scarf for my big interview tomorrow, but it's a small price to pay. I have to admit, my neck doesn't feel any better, but my knees aren't hurting at the mo.
Fingers crossed x
M

No comments: