27 June 2007

Prioritising

You know, sometimes I think I've got my priorities wrong.
During term time I was doing less than I'm doing in my 'holidays'.

I've decided not to return to Yorkshire for work this Summer, as I've started working for the auxillary nurse bank at the nearest hospital. The money's a bit better, the experience is more relevant and I've got a house to pay rental on.

Realistically, the decision was made for me.

Results are out this week, I've got a thousand and one things to do and not enough time to do it in. Apparently, trying to hold down 3 jobs isn't as easy as it seems.

I've also discovered that my Hepatitis B immunity is low, meaning I have to get another booster. Something which isn't filling me with great enthusiasm. I'm not the biggest lover of needles, and the last needle hurt a lot. I've also had 5 vaccinations of Hep B anyway, so I'm not quite sure what's going on. I have decided that I don't like the Occ Health department though, as they don't seem to quite know what's going on. Which is always fun.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Well done re vacation work. It is good for medical students to work as auxiliary nurses and learn what life is like on that side of the "fence". Leads to better understanding on both parts - and perhaps if Dr Crippen had done this many years ago he would have had less of an issue with nurses.