04 April 2005

Bored bored bored

I am very very bored at the moment. It could be down to the fact that I'm going back to Uni on Saturday morning, which means lots of packing and stuff, but back to the grind basically.

On the plus side, I get to go back to my Taekwon-Do club, rather than the one I've been visiting here. Its good to cross-train, but ever so slightly odd in comparison.

On the down side, my knees are hurting like never before at the moment, and were even hurting before I went training last night. I know that some smart arse somewhere will comment that, if my joints are bad, why do I play sports?? Well, Unsuprisingly I do have an answer to that one - if I don't train, my joints seem to lock completely, and even walking is painful. I've been down this track before, and I never want to repeat the experience. At Christmas, I didn't train at all while I was at home, I thought I'd give myself a rest with the knee pain, BIG mistake!
I couldn't sleep due to the pain, and I had to keep stretching out every few minutes to make my knees and hips crack to relieve the pain. I really don't like being reliant on drugs to live my life, but I have never been so thankful for high strength co-codamol in all my life!
Hence why I keep training, because, as soon as I went to TKD it all went away to a degree. See, I have a genuine, medically approved reason for wanting to beat the bejesus out of everything that crosses my path!!

Oh well, tomorrow I go back to the podiatrist to pick up my insoles that should hopefully take the strain off my poor hips. (It turns out that the Irish in me has let me have one leg longer than the other, so with slightly adjusted insoles, my hips might not hurt as much) Here's hoping.
I hate to think what I'll be like when I'm 70......

No comments: