20 December 2007

I ming

I had an amazing time in London, I really did. It was the first time Laura and I had met, and it was like having a big sister or friend for life. The fact that I may end up giving her gastroenteritis is another story.

Laura is right, I really am a big furry chicken when it comes to being jumped out on. I really don't like it and I don't see well in the dark. I guess it's caused by mean parents and a wendy house when I was a child*

Anyway I did enjoy the dungeon in the end, even if I did jump and scream a bit. My underwear was clean when I left, which is a minor miracle. And like Laura, I too fell in love with the Devil in Satan's Grotto. I thought I was going to have to go through the event on my own and have to leave Laura with him!

I did a lot of sightseeing, including Camden Market, Tower Bridge, Picadilly Circus, London Bridge, Westminster Bridge, Tower of London, Covent Garden and Leicester Square.

Sadly, as mentioned before I'm not very well.

After dragging Laura around London yesterday we had lunch at a well known chain of burger restaurants (not the royal variety...), the one that's attached to St Thomas' Hospital (I think) and then headed back to Laura's after meeting Faith and having a coffee.

Once back at Laura's lovely flat I promptly fell asleep sprawled across the sofa and Laura herself. Woke up at around 7PM and decided I didn't feel very well. Cue me spending the next 10 minutes redecorating the inside of the toilet bowl with regurgitated burger.

Consequently the next couple of hours trek home was less than fun. I do apologise to the woman sat next to me on the train if I've given it to you too.

Last night I took a wander down to the out of hours GP who said that gastroenteritis is doing the rounds in the area, and it probably wasn't food poisoning as I had suspected. Can I just say how much I love buccastem right now?

Sadly I have to travel back to Yorkshire tomorrow, so I intend on spending the rest of the day in bed and feeling sorry for myself.

A huge thankyou to Laura for putting me up/putting up with me, and I have some amazing photographs to post soon!


*I used to have a fabric tent wendy house when I was a child. It was my favourite game to play on the patio and make cakes etc. All was fine until one day my wendy house stood up and started walking towards me, courtesy of my father hiding inside it at the time. I don't think I have ever screamed so much in all my life. I never did play with it again....

1 comment:

Nurse Sandra May said...

Guy's hospital Merys!

It was lovely to meet you. Hope you haven't left me with your "special" present too! I'm ok at the moment.

I hope you feel better soon- I think your bloody lovely! Mwah!