29 September 2007

Well, since this morning's post I have slept. I had to laugh when I read back the post I had written, since I actually fell asleep writing it.

This morning I was painfully tired. I don't think I've felt that shite in a very long time, and it showed by the daft things I've done since.

Least of all, colouring my auxiliary uniform a very mucky grey colour by washing it with a pair of new trousers on a very hot wash.

Therefore, instead of wearing my comfortable tunic and trousers combo for tonight, I'm being forced to wear 'the dress'.

I know you'll all probably say that a dress is fair play for nursing staff, but I really hate wearing it. I have to take a special interest in the rainforest level on my legs, and inevitably end up climbing on a bed at some point in the night to do a patient slide (PAT slide) and become very unladylike.

Plus, I'm a bit of a tom boy. I have a reputation to protect you know....

Anyway, Uni started again last week. Back into the cycle of PBL, lectures, seminars and all that jazz. As you may have guessed, we have the internet back in our house at last, and all is good. So if anyone is feeling bored, I will be around on both skype and msn rather a lot in the near future. Please feel free to add me and have a chat! skype: merysj and msn: bloodystudents@hotmail.co.uk


Incidentally, this is my 500th post since this blog started just over 2 and a half years ago....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merys, I'm sure I've said this before (!) but do you ever think you might be trying to do just a bit too much?

Dash said...

Congrats on the 500th post! I may agree with jo though. Too much work in a short space of time?

Beattie said...

The iPod loss did make me laugh - reminded me of a colleague working under a lot of stress who realised he'd forgotten to call his wife to tell her that he'd be late home and could she pick the kids up. He spent quite a while scrabbling about in his bag for his mobile, instead pulling out the T.V. remote control - he'd left his phone at home on the coffee table...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 500! I'm just up to three now, so a little way to go yet.

SD

LUU Dude said...

500 congrats. I have been reading your blog for a while and just thought I'd say Hi, having got a link from Universal Soldiers blogs a long time ago.
I also have no connection with medicine or anything like that, but find your blog a good read :-)