16 March 2013

Time and efficiency

If a manager decided to do a time and efficiency study on myself and 3 of my colleagues right now he'd be downright mortified.

The post-take ward round was meant to start at 0800. At 0825 the registrar called the boss who said he was just leaving home and he would be there in 30 minutes, oh and that he expected all the notes to be ready (which they were - at 0755).

This went on for a while. It's now 1030 and the boss still hasn't turned up. Apparently he's still on his way and we aren't allowed to leave (including the night doctor- who looks like he's ready to murder someone).

I bet he doesn't take us for coffee after the round either.

2 comments:

GrumpyRN said...

Appalling arrogance. The whole system held back and nothing can happen because of one persons selfishness. These people need to move into the 21st century.

Mira said...

Out of curiosity, I wonder if you've had time to watch the channel 4 documentary on junior doctor working hours and the european WTD? As a medical student myself, it's honestly frightening to see what I could be looking into as my future.