19 August 2010

Back to work

There's a bruise there for a reason
I've been away for just over a week, doing something that I do every year. Yet this year was different; no resits, no coursework to resubmit. No stress! Or rather there wouldn't have been if I hadn't gotten ill. Still not quite sure what's going on, but if you've been following my Twitter feed you may have a fair idea of what's been going on. Equally, if I've asked you for your medical advice (and probably ignored it) then thanks for your help.
Tonight I'm back to work for my first shift back and I thought I'd leave you with this photograph.  I've discovered that arterial blood gases hurt. Hurt a lot. And in future I will not dig around in my patients' wrists when I'm struggling (thanks for that random doctor in the North West!)

And yes, as you will notice from the above photograph, I do have amazing veins...

1 comment:

Utterly Scrummy said...

You're doing great this year so far and I hope you feel better soon. It sucks being sick, especially when you are surrounded by other sick people.