21 March 2010

Getting back on the horse


Since my blood exposure I've only done one shift at work. I did a sedate morning in elderly care and spent the entire time running to the toilet to retch.

Today I'm getting back on the horse. The nurse office called me up yesterday; there's a long day shift available on Medical Assessment for Sunday, would you be willing to work it. I said yes before I really even thought about it.

So in 10 minutes I will be getting on my bike and seeing if I can get my feet through the door of the ward and back to where it happened.



As far as I'm aware, Frank still hasn't consented.

2 comments:

AngryMurloc said...

Hope the shift isn't too painful for you. Would it be unethical if you accidentally cut Frank, collected some of the blood, and had the tests ran without his consent?

Loui said...

Good on you merys! I'm sure you'll handle it brilliantly!